Department(s) Production Control Clerk, TSS Range Operations, Fort Irwin, CA
Reports to Range operations Manager / Property Manager
Receive and process incoming and outgoing work orders for services, repairs, installations, and requests from Range Operations staff and customers. Processes work orders to track materials, services, routine work orders, and inspections for all Range Operations Sections. Support the needs of the staff to ensure complete and detailed reporting for maintenance and operation through consistent communications and documentation of work orders. Assists the Supply/Property section with property accountability, property inventories, inspections, and other duties as assigned.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Reconcile, document, catalog material and associated records in SIC-B (Support Indicator Code, Unit Level Property)
- Complete lateral transfers in PBUSE utilizing DA Form 3161 and issuing unit level hand receipts
- Prepare Turn in documentation for turn in process to include DA Form 2404’s, DA 2765’s, etc.
- Data Entry into STAMIS system and or computer.
- Responsible for opening, closing, and monitoring all jobs and man-hours.
- Responsible for data entry and dispatching vehicles monthly.
- Responsible for data entry of personnel and updating licensing of all personnel.
- Examines documents on work orders to assess completeness, accuracy, and conformance to standards and specifications.
- Compiles and prepares adhoc reports for mangers and or supervisors.
- Reviews documents, such as production schedules, work orders, or staffing tables.
- Records production data, including volume produced consumption of raw materials, or quality control measures.
- Data entry of all supplies, materials, labor, pricing, etc. used for this contract.
- Compile reports that calculate figures, such as required amounts of materials, manufacturing costs, using pricing schedules, adding machines, computers or adhoc query reports.
- Distributes work orders to departments and or supervisors.
- Compiles information such as production rates and progress, materials inventories, materials used, or customer information, so that status reports can be completed.
- Prints reports and provide them to the appropriate manager and or supervisor.
- Ensure that Government and contract guidelines, regulation, policies, and standards are complied with.
- Prepare required correspondence, reports and other associated papers, to the Manager and other authorized offices as required.
- Prepare RFM’s, PR’s, and procure items
- Assist with tracking financial and budgetary supply property efforts.
- Provide documentation to IPBO for completion of DD Form 250’s.
Supplementary Functions may include
- Assist with supply/property issue and receiving actions.
- Assist in property inventories.
- Ensures Quality Control standards are met.
- Ensures adherence to Company policies, practices, and procedures.
Educational Equivalent: High School diploma or equivalent.
Experience: One (1) year of specialized experience in Supply and or Material Control Field.
Abilities: Ability to use good judgment and common sense when performing job functions. Ability to be punctual.
Specific Knowledge: General knowledge of AR 710-2, AR 710-3, AR 15-6, AR 735-5, AR 725-50, AR 740-1, AR 740-26, AR 55-38, and SB 708-21, 22, and SB 700-20, and DA PAM 710-2-1.
Licenses: Must possess a valid California driver’s license and the ability to obtain a military driver’s license within the first 30 days of employment and attend the Defensive Driver’s Course (DDC). Possess a forklift license. Must be able acquire and maintain a Common Access Card.
Skills Required: Understand personal computer well enough to use a word processing program. Formal training in the Military Supply System.
Communication Skills: Ability to receive and issue verbal and written instructions. Must be able to speak and understand fluent English. Must have excellent verbal communication skills for interfacing with military and civilian customers. Must have thorough knowledge of SOP’s.
Personal computer, calculators, and motor vehicles. Common office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk, and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands and fingers to feel, handle, or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds.
Travel Requirements : (As necessary)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities, as needed.